It was a lovely day at Scottsdale Fashion Square where Dillard’s hosted a Michael Kors runway event to celebrate their new shop on the second level. The crowd was full with lovely beverages and sweet treats to indulge in. Alexis Hamilton, Phoenix Fashion Week’s top model of 2011, strutted her stuff along with a gorgeous group of stunners on the catwalk. The looks today showcased the valley’s transition into fall with tones of orange, green, and brown. Tweed and leather were also hot items in the show. To make the day even more fabulous, a few lucky guests were picked from a random drawing to win a Michael Kors bag, autographed tote, and a wardrobe giveaway. Everyone in the crowd loved the event, which led to heightened sales and shopping thereafter.
If you are lucky enough to visit the shop I would recommend the following items as my top picks from the Michael Kors show at Dillard’s today:
- The color blocked toggle poncho in dark chocolate and camel, which is more a comfortable take on the popular cape and a great piece to wear in Arizona.
- The chocolate leather zip dress, which showcases one of the hottest trends for fall and a piece that will make people stop in their tracks.
- The leather grommet skirt. Layer this baby with a pair of tights and a tall boot or bootie and you will be set.
- The handkerchief dress, which was a big crowd pleaser on the runway. This would be a great piece to wear out for a fine dinner or cocktail event.
- The orange double breasted fit pea coat with fabulous gold button and zipper hardware detailing. This will be your pop of color for fall and a great statement piece in your wardrobe.
Thank you to all the staff at Dillard’s who put on such a great show today, and also a big thank you to the Michael Kors representatives from the free-standing store that were so helpful.