Kelly Osbourne is a major rising star in the fashion world. She was July’s cover girl for Cosmopolitan Magazine and is my favorite person to break down looks on E!’s Fashion Police. Her personal style is beyond. When coupled with a tell it like it is approach she’s a force. Earlier this year I listened to Kelly speak at Lucky Magazine’s Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference. She was the person I was most excited to see and I thought she did an amazing job. So here are a few interesting facts that I took away from one of my favorite fashion girls:
What she wore:
- Letterman Jacket (Karl Lagerfeld)
- Shirt (ZARA)
- Skirt (ZARA)
- Shoes (Stella McCartney)
About her personal style:
- She doesn’t want to dress like anybody else, and likes her own individuality.
Her style tips:
- Sit in front of the mirror and find what you like about yourself not what you don’t like.
- Get dressed for yourself, not for a guy.
What she thinks about fashion:
- Fashion is supposed to be fun.
- Don’t worry about what anyone else says or thinks.
On Joan Rivers’ closet:
- She gave Joan’s closet space mad props and described it as, “The most amazing thing in the world.”
- Zac Posen
- Betsey Johnson
- Marc Jacobs
- Vivienne Westwood
About her hair color:
- Her color trend is a rinse like effect of blue/lavender, blue/grey lavender called “Granny Girls.”
- She is the self-proclaimed, “Queen of the Granny Girls.”
On her best dressed list:
- Tilda Swinton
Her fashion icon:
- Her mother, Sharon Osbourne, who taught her about fashion and how to dress.
- She has a love-hate relationship with Twitter.
- She doesn’t know how to speak French.
On nail art:
- She loves clawed manicures and anything with sparkles.
- She gets nail art inspiration from Dita Von Teese.
Favorite beauty item:
- Perfume, Mure et Musc Extreme by L’Artisan Parfumeur (the “toilet water version” per Kelly)
- Invest your money in shoes and handbags.
- After you’ve invested your money in shoes and handbags shop vintage and thrift.
Trends she’s over:
- Over-booted flip-flops
- Mullet dresses
- She encourages bloggers to support one another, which will aid in growth.
- She doesn’t have a blog of her own, but might someday.
- She surfs the web to find blogs in the U.S., and hopefully someday she’ll stop by AZ Style Girl. ;)